Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My mother-in-laws pie crust recipe.
- 6 1⁄2-7 cups flour
- 2 1⁄4 cups shortening
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup ice water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- Mix flour and shortening with pastry blender until crumbly. Make well in the center.
- Mix water and vinegar and then pour into well in flour mixture. Stir with fork then use hand to finish mixing. Form into 6 balls of dough.
- Use one ball for bottom crust and one for top.
- Freeze unused balls by wrapping in foil and placing in ziploc bags.
- Use within 3 months.