Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
My mom Florence made this cake. I think it came by way of Aunt Shirley. It's moist and has a good flavor.
- Cream shortening and sugar.
- In another bowl, sift together dry ingredients.
- Combine dry ingredients and sugar mixture.
- Add eggs.
- Add mincemeat, raisins, applesauce and nuts.
- Bake at 325° for 45 to 60 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
This is a wonderful cake. Super moist and keeps so well. We love the spices and, when possible, try to use mincemeat with rum or brandy. Thanks Dienia B. - your mom knew a good cake!!!!