Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a Non chocolate mole sauce. A traditional Mexican sauce that is served over chicken.
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 2⁄3 cup tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 tortillas or 1 slice bread
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 oven-roasted deli chicken, shredded
- In blender place broth, tomatoes with green chilies, tortillas, and peanut butter.
- Cover and blend till smooth. May need to do in two batches.
- Turn into pot and bring to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered 15 to 20 minutes or till thickened, stirring offten.
- Spoon over chicken.
- Bake covered in 350*F oven for 30 or till heated through.
Luv this mole sauce -- it is incredibly good! So much easier to make than the traditional mole with chocolate, but equally delicious in it's own way! This sauce will be going into my Best of 2012 and will be made often. Served this chicken and mole sauce in a warm corn tortilla. It doesn't need any additional ingredients, but you could serve it along with mexican condiments if you wish. Made for the Newest Zaar Tag, June, 2012.