I love the taste of molasses! Yummy!
Make and share this Molasses-Peanut Granola recipe from Food.com.
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 3 cups old fashioned oats (I always add a little wheat germ and bran)
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry roasted peanuts or 1 1⁄2 cups cashews or 1 1⁄2 cups almonds or 1 1⁄2 cups sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup light molasses (light)
- 1⁄2 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup golden raisin
- Feel free to add whatever you want!
- Position rack to center of oven and preheat to 325*.
- Spray large roasting pan with nonstick spray.
- Mix oats, peanuts, and coconut in prepared roasting pan.
- Combine molasses, brown sugar, 1/4 cup water and oil in heavy small saucepan.
- Bring to boil, stirring occasionally.
- Pour hot molasses mixture over oat mixture; toss to coat well.
- Bake granola 20 minutes Stir raisins into granola.
- Bake until deep golden, stirring frequently, about 15 minutes longer.
- Transfer pan to rack.
- Using metal spatula, scrape bottom of pan to loosen granola.
- Cool completely in pan, occasionally scraping with spatula to prevent granola from sticking.