Recipe by Dani Jean
Delicious and chewy, has a great slight hint of mint (I don't know why). With the sugar dusting, it has a great sparkle as well. One of my grandpa's favorite cookies!
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar, divided
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- In large mixing bowl, cream butter and 1 cup sugar.
- Blend in molasses and egg.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves; add to creamed mixture.
- Mix until well blended.
- Shape dough into 1 ¼ inch balls.
- Roll balls in remaining sugar.
- Place on greased cookie sheets.
- Press flat with a fork.
- Bake at 350 degrees about 10-12 minutes or until set.