Prep 35 mins
Cook 12 mins
Delicious and chewy, has a great slight hint of mint (I don't know why). With the sugar dusting, it has a great sparkle as well. One of my grandpa's favorite cookies!
- In large mixing bowl, cream butter and 1 cup sugar.
- Blend in molasses and egg.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves; add to creamed mixture.
- Mix until well blended.
- Shape dough into 1 ¼ inch balls.
- Roll balls in remaining sugar.
- Place on greased cookie sheets.
- Press flat with a fork.
- Bake at 350 degrees about 10-12 minutes or until set.
Wow! Easy & tasty! Very soft dough & is easy to handle. Cookies stay soft which my family love.