Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a quick and easy BBQ sauce recipe that is great on chicken, chops, flank steak, whatever.
Make and share this Molasses BBQ Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup dry white vermouth
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons chopped pitted dates
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients.
- Boil until reduced to 1+1/2 cups, stirring now and then for about 20 minutes.
- Season to taste.
- Can be made ahead, covered and refrigerated.