Cook2 hrs 30 mins
This looks really beautiful served in a glass pitcher with floating mint. This is a perfect drink to serve friends while outdoors on a beautiful sunny day. The lime mint syrup should chill after it rests for 30 minutes, so plan accordingly. Cook time is chill time.
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mint leaves, plus sprigs for garnish
- 2 limes, cut into wedges, plus more for garnish
- 2 cups crushed ice, plus more for serving
- 1 liter white rum, chilled
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice, chilled
- club soda, chilled
Lime-Mint Syrup (use 1 cup)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 2 limes, zest of
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mint leaves
- To make the Lime-Mint Syrup, bring the sugar and water to a boil cook until completely dissolved, only about 1 minute. Remove from heat, stir in the lime zest and mint, and let sit for about 30 minutes. Strain, cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Muddle mint and lime with the crushed ice in the bottom of a large pitcher. Add chilled Lime-Mint Syrup, rum, lime juice, and more ice. Top off with chilled club soda, to taste.
- Pour into glasses over crushed ice and serve. Garnish each cocktail glass with a lime slice and mint sprigs.