Recipe by Rita~
Cuban Jello Shots! Minty Lime! Can use Marti Mojito Rum if available where you live.In these pictures I made it in my vita mix so I didn`t have to strain the mint.That is why you see a head on the shots in the picture.
Top Review by Jaclyn Jones
I mixed the hot water to dissolve the jello first...then let it cool just a tad..then added the strained mojito and poured into jello shot souffle cups...I also used Bacardi-O for the rum. It's awesome. I went to a mojito bar in Manhattan and got the drink recipe using Bacardi-O...it is a favorite drink at our household. Thanks for the jello-shot recipe.
- 6 sprigs of fresh mint
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice or 6 tablespoons lime juice, fresh
- 3 ounces light rum
- 1 cup water (Boiling)
- 2 packages lime Jell-O gelatin
Directions See How It's Made
- Mixing instructions for Basic Mojito If not using store bought:.
- In a cocktail shaker, crush the mint to release the oil.
- Add the rum, sugar and lemon juice and shake thoroughly.
- Mix with the water, strain and mix in jello till well dissolved, pour in 2 oz shot glasses 3/4 the way up and refrigerate till set.