Recipe by Divinemom5
I got this from a recipe club I was in.It is the only banana bread my family will let me make.We prefer it without nuts,but it is great with chopped pecans for the nut lovers.It is very moist.I keep over-ripe bananas in the freezer,so I can make it at a moments notice.It is a great after-school snack,but it never lasts long at our house!
Top Review by Dana-MMH
Laura this was sooo moist, and excellent! My DH was so mad that I gave a loaf away to my best friend. My house smelled wonderful while this was baking. Thanks for the recipe, it was very easy too.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 3 large very ripe bananas
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sour cream or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dry ingredients in large mixing bowl.
- Place butter, eggs, bananas, sour cream, and lemon juice in blender or work bowl of food processor. Whirl until smooth.
- Pour over dry ingredients; add nuts and stir until just moist.
- Pour into greased loaf pan.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 55-65 minutes or until skewer inserted comes out clean.