Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This delicious broccoli bread recipe is made with a Jiffy corn muffin mix, cottage cheese, Shredded Cheddar cheese and chopped broccoli. My family and friends love this recipe and It is fantastic for potluck dinners and church functions.
- 1 (16 ounce) packagechopped broccoli, drained, thawed
- 1 small onion, chopped about 1/2 cup
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup margarine (4oz)
- 8 ounces small curd cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 (8 1/2 ounce) boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Melt butter in 9" x 13" baking dish.
- Mix corn muffin mix, eggs, cottage cheese, cheddar cheese and onion in bowl.
- Make sure broccoli is well-drained and pat dry.
- Add the broccoli to the other ingredients in bowl and stir.
- Pour contents of bowl into baking dish; mix lightly with the melted butter/margarine.
- Bake in 350° oven for 35-40 minutes, until golden brown. Cut into brownie size servings.
I like it - broccoli hating family did not. Quite good but not a good disguise to sneak broccoli in.
This was good. I wasn't sure what this would taste like -- but was pleased with the results. Worth trying and will make again. Thanks!