Recipe by Deely
A refreshing, low fat, no mayonnaise waldorf salad. My mom used to make a version of this in the '50's. This is so good and good for you. The first time you make this, I would add the vinegar a little at a time to get the tartness that's right for you. If you don't like vinegar you can substitute lemon juice or a combination of both.
- 1 1⁄4 ounces unflavored gelatin (I use Knox)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups water, Divided
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 2 cups diced apples
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix gelatine, sugar and salt in a saucepan.
- Add 1/2 cup water.
- Place over low heat and stir until disolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining water and vinegar.
- Chill until slightly thickened.
- Add apples, celery and pecans.
- Pour into serving bowl and chill until set.