Recipe by Chef Jeff in St Augustine
Costolette di maiale alla Modenese. A very yummy and easy italian pork chop dish.
Top Review by MidsummerNightSprite
This dish was good- quick and easy too (props for using just one skillet). I may make again with some modification. The rosemary was just too overpowering, which I realize may just be personal preference. Even with 1" chops this cooked fairly quickly (we like our pork on the med/med-well side) so the garlic and rosemary didn't really have time to mellow out and develop richer flavors. Next time I'll add them to the oil a little sooner to let them work their magic. Made for PAC Spring 2013
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 pork loin chops, 1 inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried sage, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Brown chops on both sides, then add remaining ingredients, except lemon juice. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer about 20 minutes until chops are tender, turning once during cooking. Remove chops and place on a warm platter. Add lemon juice to pan juices and simmer 1 minute. Pour over chops and enjoy.