Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated skim milk, canned
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups sweet potatoes (cooked and mashed)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine the flour and sugar in a bowl.
- Add milk and oil to the flour mixture.
- Stir with fork until well mixed and then form pastry into a smooth ball with your hands.
- Roll the ball between two 12-inch squares of waxed paper using short, brisk strokes until pastry reaches edge of paper.
- Peel off top paper and invert crust into pie plate.
- Combine sugars, salt, spices, and eggs.
- Add milk and vanilla. Stir.
- Add sweet potatoes and mix well.
- Pour mixture into pie shell.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool and cut into 16 slices.