Recipe by rmorris3
I got this recipe years ago from a friend. Not sure where it came from but the whole family loves it. Stores for months....I usually make at least a double batch and keep in a glass sealer. I have prepared the spice mix for gifts as well!
Top Review by ToastedNut
Left out the MSG and meat tenderizer added it to my seitan "flour" mix and WOW, it was like eating chicken from KFC. My family are in love and they think vegan chikn rocks :) thanks soooo much!
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons celery salt
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons msg
- 2 tablespoons meat tenderizer
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon onion salt
- 1 tablespoon marjoram
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons sweet basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix ingredients together well.
- To use, combine two heaping tablespoons of the spice mix with one cup of flour.
- Dip chicken pieces in egg and milk mixture, then roll in the flour and spice mixture. Use 1/4 cup milk per 1 egg
- Brown chicken in oil, then bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.