Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe years ago from a friend. Not sure where it came from but the whole family loves it. Stores for months....I usually make at least a double batch and keep in a glass sealer. I have prepared the spice mix for gifts as well!
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons celery salt
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons msg
- 2 tablespoons meat tenderizer
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon onion salt
- 1 tablespoon marjoram
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons sweet basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- Mix ingredients together well.
- To use, combine two heaping tablespoons of the spice mix with one cup of flour.
- Dip chicken pieces in egg and milk mixture, then roll in the flour and spice mixture. Use 1/4 cup milk per 1 egg
- Brown chicken in oil, then bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.
Left out the MSG and meat tenderizer added it to my seitan "flour" mix and WOW, it was like eating chicken from KFC. My family are in love and they think vegan chikn rocks :) thanks soooo much!
Very good!! it makes a great season salt thank you!
Excellent recipe. This is so easy to prepare and makes a wondefully flavorful seasoning. This spice blend made for absolutely delicious chicken which everyone enjoyed. Definitely adding this spice blend to my collection. Thank you for sharing.