Recipe by Sean and Janel
My uncle gave me this recipe, he cut the alcohol out being a pastor and all :), we just had no better name to call it.
- 1 lb round steak, cut in 2 inch strips
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 1⁄2 medium white onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup beef stock
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary
Directions See How It's Made
- Season meat strips with salt and pepper.
- Dredge in flour.
- Brown in shortening.
- Place in 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Add carrots, garlic, celery and onions, mixing lightly.
- Add beef stock, water, and rosemary and stir.
- Cover and bake in 350 degree oven for 1 1/2 - 2 hours, adding a little water during the baking if needed to prevent dryness.
- Serve on rice.