Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This was one of mom's recipes, but I'm not sure where it came from originally. Decadent, rich, best served hot from the oven with soft vanilla ice cream. I've seen similar posted, but they have too much cake in them. NOTE: This is a cake that makes it's own sauce underneath while it bakes.
- Mix & sift together the first four ingredients.
- Melt together the chocolate and butter, blend in the milk & vanilla.
- Stir into dry ingredients and pour into 8" pan.
- Combine sugars & cocoa, sprinkle over batter.
- Pour coffee on top and bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
- Serve hot from the oven, with vanilla soft ice cream!
Decent flavor but it didn't cook thoroughly and tasted like flour. There was a nice cake layer but underneath was very raw, honestly wasn't sure if that is the way it was supposed to cook minus my bad flour taste.
Oh my this is a rich dessert!! Just enough batter, lots of sweet mocha sauce. I liked the light chocolate flavour of the cake and the dark rich sauce, nice contrast. I served it warm with some vanilla ice cream, yummy!!