Recipe by Chef Sibu
This was one of mom's recipes, but I'm not sure where it came from originally. Decadent, rich, best served hot from the oven with soft vanilla ice cream. I've seen similar posted, but they have too much cake in them. NOTE: This is a cake that makes it's own sauce underneath while it bakes.
Top Review by Dani Rabbit
Decent flavor but it didn't cook thoroughly and tasted like flour. There was a nice cake layer but underneath was very raw, honestly wasn't sure if that is the way it was supposed to cook minus my bad flour taste.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate square
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 cup cold strong coffee
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix & sift together the first four ingredients.
- Melt together the chocolate and butter, blend in the milk & vanilla.
- Stir into dry ingredients and pour into 8" pan.
- Combine sugars & cocoa, sprinkle over batter.
- Pour coffee on top and bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
- Serve hot from the oven, with vanilla soft ice cream!