Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from the brown eyed baker blog. The cookies have a big mocha flavor. The directions call for rolling the dough out and cutting the cookies wit a cookie cutter. To save time, I made an approx. 1"-2" wide log of the dough, refrigerated it for a couple of hours and then sliced the log into 1/4" rounds. The cookies were probably not as pretty as they would have been if I used a cookie cutter but for me it was worth the time saved. Be sure to leave space between the cookies on the cookie sheet. They do spread a little while cooking.
- 236.59 ml unsalted butter, softened
- 118.29 ml packed brown sugar
- 59.14 ml granulated sugar
- 4.92 ml pure vanilla extract
- 9.85 ml instant espresso granules
- 414.03 ml all purpose flour
- 59.14 ml cocoa powder
- 1.23 ml kosher salt
- nutella, hazelnut spread optional to sandwich the cookies
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, sugars, vanilla extract and instant espresso granules.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder and salt.
- Gradually mix the flour mixture into the butter mixture until fully incorporated.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for one hour.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough out to 1/4" thickness. Cut with floured 2-inch to 3-inch cookie cutters. Place cookies 2 inches apart on partchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for 20 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Once cookies are completely cooked, sandwich them bottom sides together with your desired amount of Nutella.