- Ready In:
- 2hrs 45mins
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons espresso powder
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Whisk together flour and salt; transfer flour mixture to food processor with chopped chocolate and process for one minute or until chocolate is finely ground. Set aside.
- Stir together espresso powder and 2 tsp hot water until espresso dissolves;set aside.
- Beat butter 3 minutes. Add granulated sugar and beat 2 minutes or until well blended.
- Beat in espresso mixture.
- Reduce speed to low and gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Press dough into a 9 inch round fluted non-stick tart pan. Score into 16 pie shaped wedges without cutting completely through dough. Cover with plastic wrap and chill at least 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 350°F Uncover shortbread and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove to a wire rack and remove side of pan. Dust with confectioner's sugar.
- Cut through marks before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a retired Special Education teacher. I love to cook and entertain friends. I'm an avid sewer and crafter.