1/2 Photos of Mocha Shortbread With Nutella
Marie Nixon's Note:
This recipe is from the brown eyed baker blog. The cookies have a big mocha flavor. The directions call for rolling the dough out and cutting the cookies wit a cookie cutter. To save time, I made an approx. 1"-2" wide log of the dough, refrigerated it for a couple of hours and then sliced the log into 1/4" rounds. The cookies were probably not as pretty as they would have been if I used a cookie cutter but for me it was worth the time saved. Be sure to leave space between the cookies on the cookie sheet. They do spread a little while cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a mixing bowl, cream butter, sugars, vanilla extract and instant espresso granules.
- 2In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder and salt.
- 3Gradually mix the flour mixture into the butter mixture until fully incorporated.
- 4Cover bowl and refrigerate for one hour.
- 5On a lightly floured surface, roll dough out to 1/4" thickness. Cut with floured 2-inch to 3-inch cookie cutters. Place cookies 2 inches apart on partchment lined baking sheets.
- 6Bake at 300 degrees F for 20 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 7Once cookies are completely cooked, sandwich them bottom sides together with your desired amount of Nutella.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mocha Shortbread With Nutella
Serving Size: 1 (21 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 103.1
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 16.2 mg
- Sodium 17.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: