Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe was in Southern Living Magazine and it is absolutely delicious! (and easy too!) I used Ghiradelli milk chocolate that I got from the Ghiradelli factory and chopped it up into morsel size. Yum!
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate morsels, divided
- Combine flour, sugar and coffee granules in a medium bowl; add butter and extracts and beat at low speed with an electric mixer until blended.
- Stir in 1 cup chocolate morsels.
- Press dough into an ungreased 9" square pan; prick dough with a fork.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 cup morsels over top and spread to cover.
- Cut shortbread into 25 squares; cut each square into 2 triangles.
- Let cool 30 minutes in pan before removing.