Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook3 hrs 15 mins
Simple and so elegant according to Pamela Basey who made up this recipe. Recipe in Pillsbury Classic Cookbooks March 2002 40th bake off contest. Sure to be a crowd pleaser. Time include cooling and frigeration time.
Crust and filling
- 1 (18 ounce) package refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 2 tablespoons brewed coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut cookie dough in half crosswise. Cut each section in half lengthwise. Press dough in bottom of ungreased 10 or 9 inch springform pan. Bake at 350 for 12-18 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove partially baked crust from oven. Cool 10 minutes.
- While crust is cooling, beat cream cheese in medium bowl until light and fluffy. Add egg; beat until smooth. Add coconut, 1/4 c sugar, coffee and vanilla; blend well. Stir in 1/3 c chocolate chips. Spoon and carefully spread mixture over crust. Sprinkle with all topping ingredients.
- Return to oven; bake and additional 30-45 minutes or until filling is set and edges are golden brown. Cool 10 minutes. Run knife around sides of pan to loosen; carefully remove sides of pan. Cool 1 hour. Refrigerate 1-2 hours or until chilled. Store in refrigerator.