Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs 15 mins
Simple and so elegant according to Pamela Basey who made up this recipe. Recipe in Pillsbury Classic Cookbooks March 2002 40th bake off contest. Sure to be a crowd pleaser. Time include cooling and frigeration time.
Crust and filling
- 1 (18 ounce) package refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 2 tablespoons brewed coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut cookie dough in half crosswise. Cut each section in half lengthwise. Press dough in bottom of ungreased 10 or 9 inch springform pan. Bake at 350 for 12-18 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove partially baked crust from oven. Cool 10 minutes.
- While crust is cooling, beat cream cheese in medium bowl until light and fluffy. Add egg; beat until smooth. Add coconut, 1/4 c sugar, coffee and vanilla; blend well. Stir in 1/3 c chocolate chips. Spoon and carefully spread mixture over crust. Sprinkle with all topping ingredients.
- Return to oven; bake and additional 30-45 minutes or until filling is set and edges are golden brown. Cool 10 minutes. Run knife around sides of pan to loosen; carefully remove sides of pan. Cool 1 hour. Refrigerate 1-2 hours or until chilled. Store in refrigerator.