Prep 6 mins
Cook 0 mins
Coffee and chocolate often are served side by side. This elegant drink combines them in a single, satisfying cup. I use a cinnamon stick for a swizzler or a peppermint stick for the holidays.
- In a small saucepan combine coffee, chocolate pieces, and sugar.
- Cook and stir over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until chocolate is melted and sugar is dissolved.
- In another small saucepan heat half-and-half or light cream until steaming, stirring occasionally.
- Pour coffee mixture into a mug.
- Add warm half-and-half.
- If desired, stir in additional sugar to taste.
- Makes 1 (12-ounce) serving.
I have made this so many times it is almost my daily coffee. The only little change was I heated the half-n-half in the microwave - so simpler. I use sweet 'n low for the sugar. Absolutely delicious and what a treat for an evening coffee. Thanks for sharing with us all Annacia.
wow this was good i used the cinnamon stick and it was wonderful i just heated everything up in microwave 2 minutes ...done
Oh so yummy!!! Made as directed except I just heated the half-and-half up in the microwave. Next time I think I would cut back on the sugar for my taste, as the chocolate is already sweet. Thanks Annacia for a wonderful morning treat!!!!