Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Make with cocoa and coffee. How can you top this?
- 118.29 ml unsweetened cocoa powder
- 118.29 ml heavy whipping cream
- 59.14 ml coarsely ground coffee beans
- 314.66 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml light corn syrup
- 59.14 ml water
- 113.39 g unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
- 28.39 ml unsalted butter, dices
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- Sift cocoa into medium bowl. Brin cream and ground coffee to boil in heavy small saucepan, stirring to blend. Remove from heat; cover and steep 10 minutes.
- Strain cream through fine sieve into another bowl, pressing on coffee grounds to release as much cream as possible.
- Bring sugar, corn syrup, 1/4 cup water, and coffe-flavored cream to boil in medium saucepan; whisking until sugar dissolves. Boil 1 minute, brushing down sides of pan with wet pastry brush. Remove from heat.
- Whisk in chocolate, butter and vanilla. Pour 1/4 of chocolate mixture into cocoa to moisten, then add remiaing chocolate mixture, whisking until sauce in smooth and shiny.
- Cool. COver and refrigerate. Rewarm sauce over low heat before serving.