Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
I've made these with mint chocolate chips also -- they're rich and delicious
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups white flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Melt 1/2 cup chocolate chips and set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl dissolve coffee in the water and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars til smooth.
- Beat in egg, coffee, and melted chocolate.
- Combine flour, soda, and salt and mix into batter.
- Stir in remaining chocolate chips and drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Allow to stand 2-3 minutes on the cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.