Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is listed on the www.recipe4living.com website as today's brownie recipe. "What do you get when you combine a fudgy mocha brownie with cheesecake? These luscious brownies, of course! Cut them into small pieces, because these prizewinning brownies get eaten up very quickly!"
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened
- 314.66 ml sugar, divided
- 3 eggs, divided
- 158.51 ml butter, softened
- 4.92 ml instant coffee
- 88.74 ml cocoa, Hershey's
- 177.44 ml flour
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 118.29 ml almonds, chopped
- 118.29 ml miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 14.79 ml milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream cheese and 1/3 cup sugar until light. Beat in one egg until creamy. Set aside.
- Cream butter with remaining sugar. Beat in 2 eggs, one at a time, until fluffy. Beat in cocoa and coffee.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt on waxed paper. Add, all at once, to chocolate mixture. Stir until well blended. Add vanilla, set 1/3 cup of batter aside.
- Fold chips and almonds into remaining batter; pour into a greased 9-inch square baking pan. Spoon cheese mixture over batter. Stir milk into reserved batter.
- Making four rows, spoon 12 teaspoons of reserved batter on top of cheesecake mixture; run knife through each row to create heart-like shapes.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
To die for!!! I used light cream cheese and 1 egg and 4 egg whites, and light margarine, and 2/4 cup brown flour and 1/4 cup white flour, and I ommitted the almonds and chocolate chips, still turned out to be amazing!!!