Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Very elegant and impressive to serve to guests.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons amaretto liqueur
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee powder
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar and melted butter. Press into bottom and 1-1/2 inches up side of 9-inch springform pan. Bake 15 minutes.
- In large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining 3/4 cup sugar 5 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer; add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add liqueur and coffee powder, blending thoroughly; fold in almonds.
- Pour into baked crust. Bake 40 minutes or until filling is set.
- Shut off oven, open door and allow cheesecake to cool in oven.
- When cool, remove from oven; remove rim of pan. Refrigerate to chill thoroughly before serving.