Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Katy's favorite dish! Always a crowd pleaser!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 (16 ounce) cans fat-free refried beans
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 (1 ounce) packet taco seasoning (I like the hot one!)
- 1 (8 ounce) packageof shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) bag tortilla chips (you can use fat free!)
- shredded lettuce (optional)
- diced tomato (optional)
- black olives (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- guacamole (optional) or diced avocado (optional)
- jalapeno (optional)
- Brown ground beef, drain and add taco seasoning according to directions.
- Meanwhile, combine refried beans with salsa, then spread into the bottom of a pan (8 x 8 for 4 servings, 9 x 13 for 8 servings.).
- Top beans with ground beef mix, then sprinkle with 1/2 the cheese.
- Cover & freeze.
- To serve:.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake for 20-30 minutes (longer if needed, so it it is throughly heated through & nice & hot!)
- Remove from oven, top with remaining cheese, and any other toppings you choose.
- Scoop onto plates with a spoon, and scoop it up with chips to eat-enjoy!
Ole! This was yummy! I made this as directed except that I halved the recipe. I made it in a tapas skillet and added every one of the optional toppings. Adding the salsa to the beans made this layer really moist instead of drying out like most other recipes. We really enjoyed munching on this while watching football. We used the leftovers in a flour tortilla for a wrap that was really good too. Thanks Willis & Walsh for a terrific keeper. Made for My 3 Chefs game.