Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is one of my favorite recipes
Make and share this Mixed-Up Mushroom Barley Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1892.72 ml chicken broth or 1892.72 ml vegetable broth
- 118.29 ml pearl barley
- 118.29 ml diced carrot
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh tarragon or 4.92 ml dried tarragon, crumbled
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 236.59 ml diced onion
- 9.85 ml minced garlic
- 283.49 g button mushrooms, remove stems and quarter
- 170.09 g shiitake mushrooms, remove stems and quarter
- salt and pepper
- 29.58 ml dry sherry
- 59.16 ml chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- In a large pot, combine broth, barley, carrots and tarragon. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, partially covered until barley is cooked (approx 30 min).
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add diced onion, cook until soft.
- Add garlic and mushrooms, cook until soft.
- Add mushroom mixture to soup pot.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for approximately 20 minute.
- Then stir in sherry and parsley.
- Adjust seasoning as necessary.