Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A great way to "store" produce when the price is right! This recipe came from Company's Coming Cooking For The Seasons.
- 6 large carrots, cut up
- 1⁄2 large cauliflower, cut bite size
- 6 pickling cucumbers, coarsely chopped
- 4 banana peppers, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups pickling onions, skins removed
- 12 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 6 cups granulated sugar
- 3 1⁄2 cups white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- Firmly pack veggies& garlic into hot sterilized jars.
- Combine all brine ingredients in large pot or Dutch oven& bring to a boil.
- Pour brine over vegetables to within 1/2 inch of top.
- Place sterilized metal lids on jars and screw metal bands on securely.
- Process in boiling water bath for 5 minutes.