Recipe by CountryLady
A great way to "store" produce when the price is right! This recipe came from Company's Coming Cooking For The Seasons.
Top Review by merhyascott
when I can vegetables, I always cook them for 5 minutes or so to remove air and wilt them a bit. This might prevent them from from floating and allow you to fit alot more in the jar to begin with.The vinegar could be used to cook them in.compare to other recipes.
- 6 large carrots, cut up
- 1⁄2 large cauliflower, cut bite size
- 6 pickling cucumbers, coarsely chopped
- 4 banana peppers, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups pickling onions, skins removed
- 12 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 6 cups granulated sugar
- 3 1⁄2 cups white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
Directions See How It's Made
- Firmly pack veggies& garlic into hot sterilized jars.
- Combine all brine ingredients in large pot or Dutch oven& bring to a boil.
- Pour brine over vegetables to within 1/2 inch of top.
- Place sterilized metal lids on jars and screw metal bands on securely.
- Process in boiling water bath for 5 minutes.