A great way to "store" produce when the price is right! This recipe came from Company's Coming Cooking For The Seasons.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 large carrots, cut up
- 1/2 large cauliflower, cut bite size
- 6 pickling cucumbers, coarsely chopped
- 4 banana peppers, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups pickling onions, skins removed
- 12 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 6 cups granulated sugar
- 3 1/2 cups white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1Firmly pack veggies& garlic into hot sterilized jars.
- 2Combine all brine ingredients in large pot or Dutch oven& bring to a boil.
- 3Pour brine over vegetables to within 1/2 inch of top.
- 4Place sterilized metal lids on jars and screw metal bands on securely.
- 5Process in boiling water bath for 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mixed Pickled Veggies
Serving Size: 1 (5286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 950.6
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2417.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 233.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 213.4 g
- Protein 6.1 g