These are 'any time snacks' and taste particularly good on a cool rainy day with a hot cup of tea or coffee! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup besan (Black chickpea flour/gram flour)
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ajwain or 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped green chili
- 1Sift together besan, baking soda, salt and paprika.
- 2Add all the other ingredients, taking care that there are no lumps in the mixture.
- 3The batter should be only slightly thicker than pancake batter.
- 4Adjust quantity of water accordingly.
- 5Pour oil, about 2 inches deep, in a wok/frypan and heat it really hot.
- 6Dip vegetables one by one in the batter and carefully slide them in the hot oil.
- 7Deep fry till golden brown.
- 8Serve hot with ketchup or coriander chutney.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mixed Pakoras - Savory Fritters
Serving Size: 1 (898 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.5
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1115.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.0 g
- Sugars 18.5 g
- Protein 19.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: