Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are 'any time snacks' and taste particularly good on a cool rainy day with a hot cup of tea or coffee! Enjoy!
- 2⁄3 cup besan (Black chickpea flour/gram flour)
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ajwain or 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped green chili
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/6 th of an inch rounds
- 2 onions, same as above (do not separate rings)
- 10 medium spinach leaves, stems removed
- 4 florets of a cauliflower, sliced into 1/6 th of an inch thickness
- 4 green chilies, slit lengthways on one side
- oil, to deep fry pakoras
- Sift together besan, baking soda, salt and paprika.
- Add all the other ingredients, taking care that there are no lumps in the mixture.
- The batter should be only slightly thicker than pancake batter.
- Adjust quantity of water accordingly.
- Pour oil, about 2 inches deep, in a wok/frypan and heat it really hot.
- Dip vegetables one by one in the batter and carefully slide them in the hot oil.
- Deep fry till golden brown.
- Serve hot with ketchup or coriander chutney.