Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Quick Cooking magazine. This is a great treat and different from regular peanut brittle...the variety of nuts makes the difference.
- Grease a baking sheet with 1 1/2 t.
- of the butter; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, water and corn syrup.
- Cook over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 270F (soft-crack stage), stirring occasionally.
- Add the nuts; cook and stir until the mixture reaches 300F (hard crack stage).
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and remaining butter.
- Add baking soda and stir vigorously.
- Quickly pour onto prepared baking sheet.
- Spread with a buttered metal spatula to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cool before breaking into pieces.