Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for grates
- 2 red onions, cut into 3/4-inch-thick rounds
- 2 yellow squash, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices on the diagonal (1 1/2 pounds total)
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 2-inch-wide pieces (ribs and seeds removed)
- 2 yellow bell peppers, cut into 2-inch-wide pieces (ribs and seeds removed)
- coarse salt and pepper
- Preheat grill to high; lightly oil grates. Insert two 8-inch-long metal or presoaked wooden skewers through onion slices horizontally.
- Place prepared skewers and remaining vegetables on one or two rimmed baking sheets. Drizzle with oil; season with salt and pepper. Working in batches if necessary, remove from baking sheets; arrange on grill. Cook, turning occasionally, until lightly browned and tender, 4 to 8 minutes for squash and 8 to 12 minutes for onions and peppers. Remove skewers, and serve.
Delicious! I roasted in the oven and really enjoyed the yummy flavors! Thanks! Made for the Iron Chef game.