Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is a wonderful dessert with ingredients easily available and a taste unforgettable. A Sanjeev Kapoor special that is easy to prepare and enjoy when guests topple in unexpected or for a birthday or other occasion like Val's day! Enjoy :)
- 3 large apples, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 3 large pears, chopped in 1 inch cubes
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 1⁄3 cups refined flour, sieved (maida)
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 15 -20 almonds, flaked
- 1 cup oats
- 1 teaspoon spices
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup honey
- custard, as required
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Grab hold of an oven-proof dish and lightly grease it.
- Combine the flour and butter in a bowl with your fingers until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Fold in the almonds, oats, mixed spices, brown sugar and honey.
- Mix thoroughly to combine.
- In another bowl, mix together the fruits, ginger, honey and orange juice.
- Spoon this mixture into the greased ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle the crumb topping over the mixed fruits in the dish.
- Bake at 175C for 30 minutes until the topping is golden and the fruits are tender.
- Serve warm with hot custard.