1 hr 20 mins
Girl from India's Note:
This is a recipe that could be good for Ash Wednesday when we traditionally don't eat meat. I have stored it for use later though and not made it yet. It looks very interesting. From a Readers Digest cookbook. Let me know how it turns out. YOu can use any fish of your choice but it does say that it is best if you include one smoked variety too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 350 g fresh cod fish fillets, skinned
- 350 g smoked cod fish fillets, skinned
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 40 g butter
- 40 g flour
- 570 ml milk
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 175 g lasagna pasta or 175 g spinach lasagna noodles
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 (200 g) can sweet corn (no salt or sugar added)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 40 g parmesan cheese, grated
- parsley (to garnish)
- 1Cut the fish into 1 inch squares.
- 2Melt the butter in a fry pan.
- 3Add the onion and saute for 5 mins or so.
- 4Stir in the flour and mix well for a minute.
- 5Add the milk slowly so that no lumps form and bring to a boil.
- 6Remove from heat and add the bay leaf and the fish cubes.
- 7Mix well and keep aside for 20 minutes.
- 9The fish will get partly steamed due to the heat.
- 10Now cook the lasagne sheets as per the packet directions adding the olive oil to the water that is salted and boiled.
- 11Drain well.
- 12Stir the fish and remove the bahy leaf.
- 13Add the chopped parsley and mix.
- 14Drain the sweet corn (if you are using easy cook lasagne you can add the liquid to the sauce) Stir in the sweet corn into the sauce and the seasonings to taste.
- 15Line a rectangular/ square ovenproof dish with a quarter of the sauce.
- 16Cover with a third of the lasagne add another layer of sauce and then the lasagne finishin with the sauce on top.
- 17Sprinkle the Cheese evenly over the dish and bake for around 45 minutes.
- 18at 200C (preheated oven) till the top is golden brown and the cheese is bubbling.
- 19Garnish with the parsley and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mixed Fish Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 312.2
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 83.2 mg
- Sodium 254.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 28.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: