From Ray McCue, chef of the New York City restaurant 2 West.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 cup strawberry, hulled and halved
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 ounces of chilled mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup chilled whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the buttermilk biscuits
- 1Toss the berries with the honey. Set aside.
- 2Mix mascarpone, whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla in large bowl until firm peaks form.
- 3Refrigerate until ready to use.
- 4For the buttermilk biscuits:.
- 5Preheat oven to 350°F
- 6Have all ingredients well chilled.
- 7Place all dry ingredients and shortening in bowl of an electric mixer with paddle attachment.
- 8Mix until crumbly, then add buttermilk and mix just until dough comes together.
- 9Gently roll out dough to 3/4-inch thickness and cut with round cutter.
- 10Glaze with egg wash or milk and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- 11Split the biscuits in half horizontally. Spoon the berries over the bottom half of each biscuit.
- 12Be sure to pour some of the honey over each biscuit as well.
- 13Spoon the mascarpone cream over the berries and finish by placing the top half of each biscuit on the cream.
- 14Garnish with powered sugar and mint.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mixed Berry Shortcakes
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 697.5
- Calories from Fat 340
- Total Fat 37.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 42.2 mg
- Sodium 605.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 30.7 g
- Protein 8.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: