Recipe by Manami
We threw this together for a baby shower that we had for our Director of Nursing - we made three of them. They were delicous and all were different! Update 08/05/06 forgot to mention that I didn't figure time for the dough to bake, add an extra 20 minutes.
- 1 (18 ounce) rolls, sugar cookie dough (bake according to pkg directions) or 1 (18 ounce) dessert prepared pizza crust (prebaked)
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup toasted almond, sliced or chopped
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto or 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups fresh mixed berries (or which ever combination you want)
- 1⁄2 cup seedless raspberry jam, heated
- non-dairy whipped topping (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend ricotta cheese, powdered sugar, almonds and Amaretto or almond extract; spread over cooled crust, leaving a border around the edges.
- Top ricotta mixture with berries and brush with warm raspberry jam.
- Serve chilled or room temperature.
- If desired, top with whipped topping,.