Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A deliciously sweet berry cobbler.
Make and share this Mixed Berry Almond Crunch Crumble recipe from Food.com.
FOR THE FILLING
- 8 cups fresh mixed berries (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries)
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 -3 tablespoons sugar, depending upon sweetness of berries
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
FOR THE CRUMBLE TOPPING
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. To prepare filling, toss berries with tapioca (if using), sugar and lemon zest (without tapioca, crumble will be very runny). Set aside.
- 2. To make topping, in a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugars, spices and salt. Stir in butter and almonds. Coarse crumbs will form.
- 3. Pour filling into a 9-inch square or round pan (do not grease first). Using your fingers, form topping mixture into 1/4-inch to 1/2 inch crumbs and spread over caike. Bake until filling bubbles and topping is light golden, about 55 inutes. Let cool slightly. Serve.