1 hr 15 mins
Mrs. Grosh's Note:
A deliciously sweet berry cobbler.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE FILLING
- 8 cups fresh mixed berries (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries)
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 -3 tablespoons sugar, depending upon sweetness of berries
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
FOR THE CRUMBLE TOPPING
- 11. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. To prepare filling, toss berries with tapioca (if using), sugar and lemon zest (without tapioca, crumble will be very runny). Set aside.
- 22. To make topping, in a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugars, spices and salt. Stir in butter and almonds. Coarse crumbs will form.
- 33. Pour filling into a 9-inch square or round pan (do not grease first). Using your fingers, form topping mixture into 1/4-inch to 1/2 inch crumbs and spread over caike. Bake until filling bubbles and topping is light golden, about 55 inutes. Let cool slightly. Serve.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mixed Berry Almond Crunch Crumble
Serving Size: 1 (431 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 781.7
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 251.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 141.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 29.7 g
- Protein 11.1 g