Recipe by mailbelle
Black-eyed peas, black beans, corn, tomatoes, onions and peppers in a zesty dressing. A cool salsa in the hot summer!
Top Review by mwelsh9
This is my absolute favorite version of Mississippi Caviar! The only suggestion I have is to use the Zesty version of italian dressing mix. I had to use it once because I didn't have the regular and found that everyone in my family liked it better.
This is one of those recipes that everyone requests when I'm invited for a gathering or cookout. I serve it with corn chips, but some people I know just eat it as a side dish salad. YUM!!
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic (about 8 cloves)
- 1⁄2 bunch cilantro, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 (2/3 ounce) package Italian salad dressing mix (such as Good Seasons)
- 1⁄2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar