Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
So good miso. Use Chicken, turkey or tofu, this soup is very adaptable.
- 2 cups lean cooked chicken breasts or 2 cups cooked turkey or 2 cups firm tofu, cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 5 green onions, trimmed and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups portabella mushrooms, peeled and sliced
- 8 cups low sodium chicken broth or 8 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons miso
- sea salt
- black pepper
- In a large pan or skillet, saute onions until golden, then add the sliced mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes. Add only a 1/2 cup of the cooking broth and continue cooking onions and mushrooms until that liquid almost disappears.
- In a small bowl whisk the miso paste with 2 tbsp of the broth. Pour into skillet and cook. Season with sea salt and pepper. Add the remaining broth and cooked chicken, turkey or tofu. Cook for 30 minutes more over a low heat.