Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Taken from a Fix it and Forget it Cookbook. Yummy served over croissants and would probably be good over biscuits as well. Turns out with little effort. Makes a lot of creamy sauce. You might be able to cut back a little on the soups, but I usually follow the recipe as directed, since I'd rather have too much sauce than too little. For the soups, use any combination of your favorites--whatever you have on hand--cream of celery, cream of chicken, cream of mushroom, whatever. I have also used reduced fat versions with no problem.
- 4 chicken breast halves, cut up into 1-inch chunks (uncooked)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cansany type cream soup
- 6 plain croissants
- fresh parsley, minced (optional)
- Place chicken in slow cooker.
- Combine cream cheese and soups. Pour over chicken. Stir.
- Cover. Cook on low for about 8 hours.
- Serve over croissants, split in half. Sprinkle with paprika and parsley.
i made half the recipe in my 1 1/2 qt crock. This was so easy and the house smelled so good when I walked in from work. I served it on top of Biscuits for Two. Next time Id' like to stir in some cooked rice to soak up the creamy sauce. Thanks for posting Andrea. Made for My3Chefs Nov '09.