Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Much like the store-bought version.
Make and share this Miracle Whip (Homemade) recipe from Food.com.
- With mixer blend egg yolks, 1 t. salt., 2 T. sugar, and 2 T., vinegar.
- Very slowly add 1 cup oil, a few drops at a time, and mix thoroughly.
- Add remaining oil, a little faster but be careful to blend each addition before adding more oil.
- When all oil has been added, add 4 T. Vinegar.
- Now put remaining ingredients in a saucepan and cook to a smooth paste.
- Add this hot mixture to the mayonnaise and blend well.
- Pour in a container & cool in the refrigerator.
- Makes slightly more than 1 quart.
This is pretty good. I used my food processor, but when I put it in a bowl the middle was stiff and the bottom was runny. I just wisked everything together and then put it in the fridge and it still thickened up.
I used this as a springboard to make the coleslaw dressing my mother used to make with Miracle Whip. It really was perfect. I added more vinegar and sugar (to make the slaw sauce) and seven college students really enjoyed it. It really was perfect! The cooked part added body and flavor.
This is the second time I have made miracle whip, went with the recipe this time because it doubled the ingredients. This is great for a base, added extra sugar, garlic powder and garlic salt also extra cider vinegar. Hard to say how much extra I added because I did it to taste!! Hope this helps some people