Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 hrs
I would call these Halloween after dinner mints. The cooking time is standing time.
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons purchased black icing
- sugar (black sanding or decorating) (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl stir together softened cream cheese and peppermint extract.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, stirring until mixture is smooth (Knead in the last of the powdered sugar with your hands).
- Add black icing, knead until food coloring is evenly distributed.
- Form cream cheese mixture into 1/2 - 3/4-inch balls.
- Roll each ball in sanding sugar if desired; place on waxed paper.
- Cover mints with paper towels and let dry overnight.
- Store in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator or freeze up to 1 month. Makes 96 to 120 pieces.
I really liked this. On step three however I used red food color and did not knead it as long so it looked kind of swirled. Anyway they turned out great. Thanks.