From Real Simple. Try replacing the couscous with bulgur.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) box couscous
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and pepper
- 2 lbs beefsteak tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 small sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, torn
- 1/4 cup roasted almonds, roughly chopped
- 1Place the couscous in a medium bowl, pour 1 1/2 cups hot tap water over the top, cover, and let sit for 5 minutes before fluffing with a fork.
- 2Stir in the chickpeas, orange zest, 1 tablespoon of the oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 3In a separate bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, mint, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and the remaining oil.
- 4Spoon the couscous and tomatoes onto a platter and sprinkle with the almonds.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Minty Chickpea Salad With Couscous
Serving Size: 1 (438 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 556.4
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 349.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.7 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 18.6 g