- 1 (10 ounce) box couscous
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and pepper
- 2 lbs beefsteak tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1⁄2 small sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint, torn
- 1⁄4 cup roasted almonds, roughly chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the couscous in a medium bowl, pour 1 1/2 cups hot tap water over the top, cover, and let sit for 5 minutes before fluffing with a fork.
- Stir in the chickpeas, orange zest, 1 tablespoon of the oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- In a separate bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, mint, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and the remaining oil.
- Spoon the couscous and tomatoes onto a platter and sprinkle with the almonds.