Recipe by Sharon123
Saving this for summer when watermelon is abundant. Refreshing! Adapted from a vegan recipe site.
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup of fresh mint, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon grated lime rind
- 12 cups watermelon, cubed and seeded
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine water and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring it to a boil over medium high heat. Cook for about 30 seconds or until sugar dissolves, stirring frequently. Remove from heat, stir in the lemon and lime rind. Let sit for 20 minutes, then strain mixture in a meshed colander over a bowl and discard rinds.
- Place 1/3 of the watermelon and simple syrup into a blender, process until smooth. Pour puree into a large pitcher, repeat.
- When done pour in lime and lemon juice, stir and serve over ice.
- Garnish each cup with fresh mint.