Gingered Watermelon Juice
This is a deliciously fruity, sweet and refreshing drink that can be served with hot and spicy dishes, with breakfast or as an after-dinner drink.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄8 lbs watermelon, roughly chopped (500g)
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger (or 1/4- 1/2 tsp. powdered ginger)
- thinly sliced watermelon (to garnish)
- Place the watermelon and ginger in a blender.
- Process for 2 minutes, or until smooth.
- Add 6 ice cubes and process until the ice is crushed.
- Pour into chilled glasses and garnish with a thin slice of watermelon.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Really delicious & refreshing!! It was a great use of not so perfect watermelon, a little under ripe I'd say. I think we assume seedless watermelons are the norm but mine had small black seeds! I didn't mind but some may prefer to strain them out. I used fresh ginger and it was a bit stringy this time. I found it easiest to grate the fresh ginger on the larger grate side of my box grater. I would make this again on a summer's day or for a healthy start to my morning after recipe #422807, as melon is best on an empty stomach as you digest it so quickly. Originally made for Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Tag Game - September 2010 in KK's forum.Reply
see 1 more