1/1 Photo of Mint-Cilantro and Coconut Rice
wicked cook 46's Note:
Posting for World Zaar Tour 2009 From Cooking Light Times are approximate
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 2Add the rice; sauté 3 minutes.
- 3Add onion; sauté 1 minute.
- 4Add broth, milk, salt, and pepper; stir.
- 5Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 17 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, stirring once after 10 minutes.
- 6Stir in mint and cilantro; cover and let stand 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top African Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mint-Cilantro and Coconut Rice
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 194.7
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 223.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
light coconut milk