Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Posting for World Zaar Tour 2009 From Cooking Light Times are approximate
Make and share this Mint-Cilantro and Coconut Rice recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the rice; sauté 3 minutes.
- Add onion; sauté 1 minute.
- Add broth, milk, salt, and pepper; stir.
- Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 17 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, stirring once after 10 minutes.
- Stir in mint and cilantro; cover and let stand 5 minutes.
This was a nice rice. I burned it a little in the beginning with too high a heat. It probably could have used a bit more liquid, but I didn't think to do that! Also, my mint was last of the season, and there was a funny taste. Not sure if it was because it was burnt, or the mint, but will try to make again. Thanks!
This was really good. I had to add some additional liquid so I put in more coconut milk. The mint and cilantro went well together. Made for ZWT5.
We really enjoyed this rice served with pork tenderloin. I used full fat coconut milk and cut the herb amount in half because I ran out of cilantro. I also added some more liquid after checking it at the 10 minute mark- It might have been because I used the full fat milk instead of light? The result was a nice side dish lightly flavored with coconut. Next time I'll be sure to use the full amount of the herbs because they were really good! Thanks from an Epicurean Queen. ZWT 5!