Recipe by wicked cook 46
Posting for World Zaar Tour 2009 From Cooking Light Times are approximate
Top Review by Chef Pollo
This was a nice rice. I burned it a little in the beginning with too high a heat. It probably could have used a bit more liquid, but I didn't think to do that! Also, my mint was last of the season, and there was a funny taste. Not sure if it was because it was burnt, or the mint, but will try to make again. Thanks!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup uncooked basmati rice
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup light coconut milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the rice; sauté 3 minutes.
- Add onion; sauté 1 minute.
- Add broth, milk, salt, and pepper; stir.
- Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 17 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, stirring once after 10 minutes.
- Stir in mint and cilantro; cover and let stand 5 minutes.