1 hr 5 mins
On a flight to Hawaii, they served minty oatmeal cookies. I'm not a big chocolate fan, but I love oatmeal cookies, so I had to come home and try some for myself. I think they turned out well on the first try, but I would love to hear what others think. Just make sure your friends and family know there is mint in them or they will get something other than what they expect and they may be disappointed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels or 1 1/2 cups chopped semisweet chocolate
- 3 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Whisk together flour baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- 3Set aside.
- 4Beat together butter, sugars, and eggs until well blended.
- 5Add vanilla and peppermint.
- 6Stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture until smooth.
- 7Stir in chocolate and oats.
- 8Drop the dough by heaping teaspoonfuls (or tablespoonfuls for bigger cookies) onto greased cookie sheets spacing evenly.
- 9With lightly greased or damp hands, press the cookies down in the center to about ½ inch thick.
- 10Bake in the upper third of the oven until cookies are very lightly browned.
- 11Time will vary between 6 and 9 minutes depending on how big you like your cookies.
- 12Rotate at about 4 minutes and start checking them at 6 minutes until they are done.
- 13Remove cookies from oven and allow to cool slightly before removing to a wire rack or paper towels.
- 14(I usually use paper towels because I don’t mind blotting out a little of the fat and I prefer the final texture.).
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mint Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (29 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 40
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.1
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 23.0 mg
- Sodium 67.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 13.9 g
- Protein 2.4 g