Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a brownie recipe that I just thought of for my fathers friends at work. It was getting to be that time of year (Christmas) when everyone is baking so I thought, "Hmm, how do you kick this up a notch?" And so, I put mint in the brownies! and it was great. I do hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do. Thank You!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar (I like dark more then light for this recipe)
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- 1 (3 ounce) package instant mint-chocolate pudding mix
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 3⁄4-1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a square baking, or line it with Reynolds release foil.
- In and medium bowl beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, mint extract, and salt.
- (If the pattern looks like it is not mixing, don't worry, it's just the cold eggs hitting the room temperature butter mixture).
- Add pudding mix and cocoa, beat until combined.
- Add flour and beat until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared baking dish and sprinkle on the slivered almonds.
- Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean or with only a few crumbs on it.