This is a brownie recipe that I just thought of for my fathers friends at work. It was getting to be that time of year (Christmas) when everyone is baking so I thought, "Hmm, how do you kick this up a notch?" And so, I put mint in the brownies! and it was great. I do hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do. Thank You!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar (I like dark more then light for this recipe)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- 1 (3 ounce) package instant mint-chocolate pudding mix
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4-1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease a square baking, or line it with Reynolds release foil.
- 3In and medium bowl beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- 4Add the eggs, mint extract, and salt.
- 5(If the pattern looks like it is not mixing, don't worry, it's just the cold eggs hitting the room temperature butter mixture).
- 6Add pudding mix and cocoa, beat until combined.
- 7Add flour and beat until just combined.
- 8Stir in chocolate chips.
- 9Pour into prepared baking dish and sprinkle on the slivered almonds.
- 10Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean or with only a few crumbs on it.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mint Chocolate Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (56 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 395.1
- Calories from Fat 233
- Total Fat 25.9 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 148.2 mg
- Sodium 316.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 28.9 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
instant mint-chocolate pudding mix