Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe came from Mary Beth Roe on the QVC channel. It is a very filling soup that my family loves on a cold day. Served with a loaf of crusty fresh bread, it's real comfort food.
- 2 lbs hamburger
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (12 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons instant beef bouillon
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup uncooked macaroni
- parmesan cheese
- Cook and stir meat, with onion and garlic until brown.
- Drain fat.
- Stir in tomatoes (with liquid), beans (with liquid), corn (with liquid), and remaining ingredients except cheese.
- Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat, cover and stir occasionally until vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle each serving with parmesan cheese.
- **Thiswas the recipe as written, but I have found that cooking the macaroni seperately, then adding it to the soup about 5 minutes before serving made it less mushy and easier to freeze leftovers.