Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Kraftfoods(dot)com website. I made these for a party and I've had so many people request the recipe. Kraft calls for using finely chopped onions but I skipped that just to make it an even faster appetizer to get on the table.
- 16 crackers (I have used Ritz & Cobblestone Wheat Crackers)
- 1⁄3 cup whipped cream cheese spread
- 1⁄3 cup seafood cocktail sauce
- 16 large fresh shrimp, cooked (or pre-cooked frozen shrimp that has been thawed)
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped green onion (optional)
- Spread each cracker with 1 tsp of the cream cheese spread.
- Top evenly with the cocktail sauce and one shrimp.
- Sprinkle some of the finely chopped onions on top (if you desire).
These were a big hit. Certainly will make again. I removed the tails of shrimp to make appetizers much easier to eat..
I sprinkled with mozzarella cheese instead of the onion, Loved It, thank you!
What a great idea! I love all things that taste great, visually impress & are quick easy-fixes. Your recipe easily meets all my stds. I used Carr's Table Water Crackers because DH is salt-restricted & they don't alter the taste of their toppings w/other flavours, excess butter or seasonings. I also used Icelandic baby shrimp & 4-5 of them made nice little mounds on the slightly larger-than-normal crackers. The prep is so incredibly easy that I took all the "parts" w/us to visit my MIL & assembled the appys in her tiny work area she calls a kitchen w/just a sml fridge, sink & a few cabinets. She ate heartily & none were left. Made for ZWT-8 & thx for sharing this recipe w/us.